Shiner Bock, STAR # 1505
Shiner Bock # 1505 is no longer available for adoption.
AVAILABLE DOG.. Shiner Bock, STAR # 1506
Hi, I am Shiner Boch and my hobbies including catching balls in the air, going for walks, cleaning up any on crumbs that are dropped, keeping my foster family wondering what I just put in my mouth, and snuggling up in bed at night with a human. I, also, have that awesome Aussie wiggle butt that everyone wants! I love to have fun. My foster mom and dad tell me that I am such a handsome boy every day. Actually they actually have a lot to say about me. So I am going to go find a warm place to sleep or a bone to chew and let them talk about me.
“Shiner is a 8 1/2 year told Aussie who has lived a fun and adventures life. He joined his past owner at 6 weeks of age and was a constant companion to her until she passed away in August. From the records that we got from him, he was well taken cared of, had shots every August and the past 3 years had his teeth cleaned to prevent issues. Being in the same home for the the majority of his life and his previous owner having health issues, he has gotten set in his ways and some of his training slip away but he is a sweet and fun loving pup.
Shiner listens to commands and you can tell that he has the training from years ago, but he does need to be reminded of proper behavior at times. Some would say he is just having “senior moments” and forgetting his training, but really he loves an adventure and will try to get away with whatever he can. What does that mean:
1. That means he won’t hesitate to counter surf and will enjoy the snacks he finds, wrapper and all.
2. That means Shiner will steal food from you if you let your guard down. He has learned that he cannot do that and is expected to lay down out of the way while we are cooking or eating. It took us a bit to have him catch on but he now listens and follows along.
3. That means that even though he walks great on leash and enjoys daily walks, he still enjoys going for a run/roam around the neighborhood any chance he can. (Our glass front door has a lever handle and Shiner doesn’t hesitate to show us this trick any chance he gets. We curbed the problem by keeping that door locked or closing the wooden door.)
4. That means he is super smart and needs a smarter person who will not hesitate to stay on top of his training and be in charge.
5. That means Shiner loves companionship and needs someone who is home often. He enjoys curling up on the couch or carpet to sleep through the day, but will wander around to make sure you haven’t abandon him. If you happen to have stepped out, he will patiently wait for your return watching out the front window to throw you a welcome home party with barking and excitement.
Overall Shiner is great and has many more fun and adventurous years remaining that he is looking to spend with the right person. A couple more things about Shiner that should be noted:
1. Shiner had a hard adjustment going from the loving home he enjoyed for over 8 year with HIS person to becoming a STAR dog. He was confused and stressed and had to get realize that this is his new normal. He never lost the wiggle in his butt and the joy in his eyes, but was confused for a bit. His new person should be understanding and know that he needs love and time to get settled in.
2. Shiner’s vet of 8 years mentioned in their records that he does have separation anxiety while at the vet and being crated and they recommended looking at medicine to help with his anxiety. We have worked with crate training and we have done a lot of positive reinforcement with crating and he is understanding that the crate is not a scary thing and he can actually use the space to rest and relax where no one will bother him.
3. Shiner enjoys the company of other dogs but prefers to be the center of your world. Ideally if he could the center of your world, he would be ecstatic, but if he joins a family with another dog, he would do best with dog who isn’t bothered by his need to have adventures and won’t try to boss him around. Small dogs and cats are toys to him, so he would do best with someone his size.
4. He loves people and to crawl between their legs to get a good scratch on his wiggling butt. He doesn’t realize how big he is around little kids and would be great for a family with older children.”
If you are interested in Shiner, please fill out an application so someone from STAR can get a hold of you. Shiner is 60 lbs. and 8 years old.. He is fully vetted and ready to be adopted.. He does have ASCA papers.. Shiner is a great dog who is full of love and is looking for his new person who is full of love and looking for adventures. His foster home is in Schertz.
NEW DOG.. Shiner Bock, STAR # 1505
Shiner is approx. 60 lbs. and 8 years old.. His owner just passed away and he will be needing a new home.. He LOVES to play ball.. After evaluation, he should be ready for adoption the middle of October.. His foster home is in Schertz..
Recent Happy Tails Aussies
Pep, STAR # 1813
Pep was adopted today by the Sokolich family.. Past adopters and this is their third STAR dog.. Pep is super cute and they are enjoying him already.. Thanks so much to those on our...
Roscoe Red, STAR # 1796
STAR can do many things when we set our mind to it.. Long time volunteer Melanie needed another dog after she lost Chief.. So even though she now lives in Ohio, we were determined ...
Reyna, STAR #1778
Reyna #1778 was adopted by Scott and Ana. This Aussie savvy family lost their two Aussie girls within about a year of each other and were devastated. Django was missing his fur bud...
Joy Esperanza, STAR # 1802
Joy Esperanza #1802 was adopted by Nate and Emily. Joy was pulled from the shelter in S. Texas and landed in such a great home after being lovingly fostered. She gets to be an only...
Ivy, STAR # 1806
Gordan and Christina have decided to keep their foster dog, Ivy. She has been a great fit and friend for Oliver, their male Aussie. Thanks so much guys and ENJOY! &nbs...
Dexter, STAR # 1803
Dexter has found his furever home with the Day family! He joins a very active family and gets an Aussie sister, Sunny. They are an Aussie savvy family who understand the breed and ...
Alani, STAR #1801
Alani was found by a good Samaritan who released her to STAR where her life just got AMAZING! She was adopted by the Thompson family - and this is their second star dog (Skylar #...
Bogart, STAR #1804
Bogart came to STAR from the shelter and landed in a life of luxury with foster-turned-permanent home with the Ward family. Thank you, Mary for fostering and loving this handsome...