Kodah, STAR # 1530
Off for fun adventures in Colorado, Kodah has been adopted by the Zimmerman family.. Hiking, camping.. you name it .. Kodah is up for it.. STAR rarely if ever adopts out of state but this couple seemed perfect for this dog.. Also we have a former foster home nearby to do the home visit.
Thanks to Suzannah for the home visit in Longmont.. and thanks to Julie for evaluating and fostering ..
Here is Kodah’s bio written by his foster mom..
“Hi – I’m Kodah! I am a 1-year old ball of energy. I’m house trained, healthy, recently neutered, current on vaccinations, chipped… I know good manners, though it’s sometimes hard to follow them when I’m excited.
- Soft brown eyes that show you how much I love you
- Soft ears and silky coat
- No fear of kennel (enters easily, but super easy with treat)
- Gets along well with cats (cat does not feel the same)
- Playful, and can be rough and tumble – so need a sturdy playmate with matched size and energy
- Loves to run at full speed and chase balls (and does a decent job of returning them)
- Sits for treats and greets – knows basic commands
- House trained (have found no accidents)
Things to work on:
– Learning sense of personal space (wait, is that really a problem?)
– Learning inside habits (not jumping on off limits furniture).
– Leaving my fur siblings alone when they are “so done with me”
– Walking on leash – ADHD gets the best of me and I forget that I’m connected to someone!
– Counter surfing for goodies
– Jumping on friends and strangers alike to say hello (not aggressive)
Eleven mo. old black tri puppy.. Owner could not keep.. Will be vetted and evaluated in Austin.. Cute little guy at 37 lbs.
Recent Happy Tails Aussies
Pep, STAR # 1813
Pep was adopted today by the Sokolich family.. Past adopters and this is their third STAR dog.. Pep is super cute and they are enjoying him already.. Thanks so much to those on our...
Roscoe Red, STAR # 1796
STAR can do many things when we set our mind to it.. Long time volunteer Melanie needed another dog after she lost Chief.. So even though she now lives in Ohio, we were determined ...
Reyna, STAR #1778
Reyna #1778 was adopted by Scott and Ana. This Aussie savvy family lost their two Aussie girls within about a year of each other and were devastated. Django was missing his fur bud...
Joy Esperanza, STAR # 1802
Joy Esperanza #1802 was adopted by Nate and Emily. Joy was pulled from the shelter in S. Texas and landed in such a great home after being lovingly fostered. She gets to be an only...
Ivy, STAR # 1806
Gordan and Christina have decided to keep their foster dog, Ivy. She has been a great fit and friend for Oliver, their male Aussie. Thanks so much guys and ENJOY! &nbs...
Dexter, STAR # 1803
Dexter has found his furever home with the Day family! He joins a very active family and gets an Aussie sister, Sunny. They are an Aussie savvy family who understand the breed and ...
Alani, STAR #1801
Alani was found by a good Samaritan who released her to STAR where her life just got AMAZING! She was adopted by the Thompson family - and this is their second star dog (Skylar #...
Bogart, STAR #1804
Bogart came to STAR from the shelter and landed in a life of luxury with foster-turned-permanent home with the Ward family. Thank you, Mary for fostering and loving this handsome...