Prince was adopted by the Ragsdale family, and we are so happy for this handsome, blue-eyed charmer. Prince was from Louisiana and previous family had to find him a new home due to health issues. He got lots of TLC and beach strolls with his foster parents Leo and Victoria of Corpus Christi – thank you! We love this dog savvy family and Prince joins Harley, the greyhound, for lots of new adventures.
Prince is truly a prince with two stunning blue eyes, a gentle disposition, Velcro personality, and anxious to please although not always knowing just exactly how to do that. He is red Merle male, neutered, HW negative, currently 62 pounds—down from 65 and needing to be about 50 pounds.
Prince is about 4 1/2 years old from Louisiana. His previous family had to find him a new home at no fault of his own and due to some family health issues. He made it to his foster home in Corpus Christi via five transfers over a two-day period, but he was a champ, and everyone remarked how easy going and easy traveling he was. During his tenure with STAR, he has traveled well, loads, and unloads on his own, and absolutely wants to go along whether on a quick trip to the store or an all-day adventure.
Some things to know about Prince:
- He is housebroken and will advise of the need to go out by sitting quietly at the door.
- Crate trained but would prefer to be right next to you.
- Gets along great with other dogs and has clearly become one of the fur-crew in his foster home and will interact with/play with the others frequently amidst long naps during the day.
- He loves to go for walks, easily summoned with merely jangling of the harness and leash. He is a steady walker, doesn’t pull while still wanting to lead, is not much of a sniffer, and is not reactive to other people, dogs, bicycles, or golf carts.
- He adores one-on-one attention especially in the early morning and evening—an invitation to the couch is met with a happy jump, a firm drop of the head on your lap, and an eventual sigh of relief and bodily relaxation
- He is appropriately protective of family and property with some barking that subsides fairly quickly.
- He is good with some basic commands (no, sit, stay), moderately compliant with others (stay, place, free), and increasingly treat motivated.
- He can be hesitant with new objects or activities—some patience and re-presentation are generally successful.
Overall, he is a medium energy dog that loves to follow and be your shadow without interfering. Upon arriving at his foster home, he got what might have been his first ever groom and a couple good baths and as a result, he is relatively long haired with “wispy” legs and feet along with a “hula skirt” rear end and typical Aussie tail nub. He is expressive with that nub even though it can be hard to see at first. With more weight loss and some basic grooming, he will look like a typical stunning Aussie.
Overall, he is a handsome, loving and medium energy dog that wants to be your shadow. To apply for Prince, please go to “Adopt” on our website, read about our adoption program, and complete an application.
Tip your hat to Prince… 4.5 year old, 60 lb. chunky monkey red merle male..His owners had severe medical issues and were unable to care for him. His foster home is in Corpus Christi and already plans daily walks on the beach and a diet.. He will be going to the vet in the near future to update his vaccinations.. Prince should be available for adoption around the middle of September..
Recent Happy Tails Aussies
Blue Rock, STAR # 1879
STAR Alumni Zach has been looking for a buddy for Juno, STAR #1670 '21 and Blue Rock wins the prize to join their family! We look forward to hearing about the adventures ahead. Tha...
Ruby, STAR #1884
Ruby is heading home with the Cavanaugh family where she will get to enjoy a huge back yard, walking trails nearby, and two teenagers to wear down her exuberant energy. The family ...
Tater, STAR #1874
Tater is heading home with the Griggs family where he'll get all the time, attention, and TLC with his new family including his new human buddies, Kai and Ellie. Thank you, Deb for...
Piper Red, STAR #1885
Piper becomes the 4th dog adopted by our long-time 10+ year volunteer, Juli (Creek #1013, Gumbeaux #1158 and Harley Blue #1335). Thank you, Pam for fostering and to Juli for travel...
River, STAR #1877
River was adopted today by the Sokolich family - and this is their 4th STAR dog (Chloe #973, Benny #1723 and Pep #1813 (on left)). He's "all smiles" as he heads out on his next adv...
Kai, STAR #1886
Kai is heading home with the Molina family and his new fur-brother, Rubbel. This active family are avid hikers and fishers and love to head out in the RV on adventures. We are su...
Blue Eyes, STAR # 1880
Blue Eyes charmed his way right into Richard’s heart and will be heading with him on all his adventures (only exception will be in places where “dogs are not allowed”) – el...
Bowser, STAR #1876
We love reporting when Alumni come back for another dog - and so we are happy to announce that Bowser (L) now has a brother (Theo, STAR #1681 '21) and his new human, Austin. We l...