Bob (Logan), STAR #1435
Bob, handsome red-tri male with super cute freckles, is now a part of the Bartlett family and we are so happy to welcome them to STAR. This Aussie savvy family was ready to love on another and Bob will join Brodie (terrier) who has really been missing his Aussie buddy the family lost recently. Thanks, D’Ann and Liane for the home visit and a big thanks to Deb for fostering and loving on this boy.
Bob is a handsome Red Tri Male, around 6 years old and 55lbs. From his foster home:
Bob got to go to the vet this week and everyone in the office was his long lost-friend. Loved by all! He’s so friendly, he’ll never be a guard dog -haha… Top 15 facts about Bob from his foster mom:
1) potty trained and crate trained.
2) sleeps on a mat on my bedroom floor but when no one is home he is crated.
3) Previous owner had said that he doesn’t understand personal space. As we know, many and most Aussies have personal space issues!
4) Does some counter-surfing. But only when no one else is in the room and he’ll investigate for treats. On the bright side – he does not rummage through the trash can!
5) Mr. Vocal! He is vocal which is different than barky. He doesn’t bark at leaves blowing in the wind. He whines and yips at you to get your attention like when he wants water (yes, he has told me when the water bowl is empty) or he wants a treat (which is typically what he wants). He also makes a cute growly sound playing tug-of-war. This is not aggressive, this is play.
6) Gets along well with other dogs – My 40lb female is more aggressive than him. He will drop the rope or ball when she gets bossy.
7) When outside he might dig in the flowerbed for fun – but he stops immediately when you tell him to stop. Of course, he does not remember when he goes out next, so it is a bit of an endless cycle.
8) He loves toys of all types. He will defluff and dequeak them rapidly! He likes antlers and chewbones too.
9) Loves to fetch and play tug with you and other dogs.
11) Can be mouthy when I am rough housing with him. These were times when he was already excited at play and I scratched his chest or tummy (i.e., putting my hand in reach). He didn’t bite but he put his mouth on my hand. Like he would a dog playmate.
12) Several times I have witnessed him wake with a startle response. When this happens, he either whirls around to see what is getting him or he runs to one of us.
13) He has had some obedience training and is food (treat) motivated, so he is very easy to train. He is smart and will sit nicely for a treat.
14) Loves to go. When I took him the vet he got so excited to see the leash. He was so happy and jumping, but he sat nicely to let me put the leash on him.
15) He walks nicely on leash – but he is a larger dog and can pull when excited.
If you are interested in Bob, please fill out and application! His foster home is in China Springs (NW of Waco).
Bob is back !!! Cute freckles and all… Adopted in 2018, Bob’s life has drastically changed in that time.. 3 year old twins and a nine month old baby and Bob’s companion, Maddie passed.. Bob needs a new home where he can be a priority.. He remains the same playful dog and a more mature gentleman .. around 6 years old and 55 lbs. He will be reevaluated and vetted by his foster home in China Springs.. Bob should be available for adoption around the first of April..
Recent Happy Tails Aussies
Nina, STAR #1822
Nina (Sadie) is now a Landry girl – taking over their home and hearts. She’s heading off to this dog savvy home with acres to roam with her new family. Nina came to us from...
Lollipop aka Lolly, STAR # 1824
Lolly is heading home with Alumni family – the Bordelons (Bailey/Daisy, STAR #1077 class of 2014). Lolly's pretty face immediately stole Tracey's heart, and her bio sealed the ...
Ryker Red, STAR #1765
Ryker Red has happily joined the Cox family. Amber saw Ryker's picture and it was love at first sight – as he reminded her so much of their dog Tobie (Aussie mix that recently ...
Layla Mae, STAR #1816
Layla is moving to Lago Vista to live with the Love family.. This Aussie savvy couple is ready to welcome another Aussie into their family... Layla is a sweet girl and will adjust ...
Nala, STAR #1823
Nala (now Finley) came to us from the shelter in Louisiana, needing lots of TLC and to be treated for heartworms... three months later... Finley was adopted by a terrific Alumni ...
Lola Lou, STAR # 1817
Lola Lou is moving on to a loving home with Kay. She will get all of the attention as Kay’s companion for hikes, walks, and back yard play. We knew Kay was perfect for Lola w...
Bodhi, STAR # 1821
Bodhi found his new BFF with Frankie. Our “exuberant and super smart puppy” will get all of Frankie’s time and attention – and there is so much fun in store from training, ...
Scotch, STAR # 1815
Scotch was found in the Bell County shelter but is now such a happy and loved dog. STAR treated his heartworms and he got "top dog" treatment at his foster home with Jane. We l...